Commissioners Deny Request To Remove Names From Web Site
Wednesday Sep 03, 2014 1:54am
Steuben County Community Center Angola, IN
By: Jim Measel
(ANGOLA) - Steuben County Commissioners turned down a request on Tuesday from two employees who wanted their names removed from the county web site.
A threat made against a Steuben County judge prompted a review of the county's policy in July about removing names.
Commissioners set a policy last year that said names would not be removed. G.I.S. Coordinator Chad Hoover told Steuben County Commissioners in July they had about 20 people ask that their names be removed.
Commission Chair Ron Smith said it would be expensive for the county to have the names removed and other counties are not doing it. In addition, there are other ways to access an employee's number besides the web site.
Meanwhile, Smith said he has been forced to turn his phone off because of the number of prank calls he has gotten.