(ANGOLA) - A proposed 4,800 hog Confined Animal Feeding Operation is now in limbo. Steuben County Plan Office spokesperson Vina Conti says petitioner Keith Werner of K and D Contract Pork withdrew the petition on Friday so his special exception request will not come up before the Steuben County Plan Commission on April 2nd or before the Steuben County Board of Zoning Appeals on April 21st as previously scheduled. Conti says Werner did not give a reason for his decision to withdraw the petition but he does have the option to re-file it at a later time. The proposed C.A.F.O. near 600 West and 200 North has caused a firestorm of controversy. Nearby lake residents have raised numerous environmental concerns. They were also worried the proposed CAFO would lower property values. K and D Contract Pork got a permit approved in February by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management. The land is zoned agricultural but a special exception was needed from the county because of the size of the proposed operation.