(ANGOLA) - A man who was on the run for over two decades following the stabbing death of another man in Hamilton is scheduled to be sentenced on Monday afternoon in Steuben Superior Court. 47-year-old Mahfuz Huq entered a guilty plea to an amended Class A felony count of voluntary manslaughter last November 22nd in Steuben Superior Court as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors. The sentencing date was moved up from April 4th because Judge William Fee was not going to be in the court office on that day. Huq was originally charged with murder in connection with the August 1989 stabbing death of Todd Kelley in Hamilton. That count along with all other charges against Huq will be dismissed if Judge William Fee accepts the plea agreement. A Class A felony in Indiana carries a sentence of between 20 and 50 years. The executed sentence would be capped at 40 years under terms of the plea agreement. The defense would be allowed to argue for what they feel would be an appropriate sentence. Huq testified last November that he and Kelley got into a fight on August 9th, 1989 over a woman the two had been dating. He said he took a knife from Kelley and that both of them were stabbed during the fight. That testimony angered Kelley's family. Kelley's sister Shannon told WPTA-TV that they were not going to stand by and let Huq "drag her brothers name through the mud". She added that Huq piecemealed a story together to fit the new charge. Huq was arrested in New Dehli, India in February 2011 and brought back to the United States last July.