gradient
goingon
TODAY IS Thursday February 26th


Hot Grease Starts House Fire
Thursday Apr 03, 2014 10:23am
Sturgis, MI

(STURGIS) – A pan of grease on the stove is said to be the cause of a house fire.

Sturgis Fire Fighters were called to 308 South Fourth Street just after 7 PM where they found the owner of the home with a garden hose spraying the back door of the residence.

The owner reported a kitchen fire in the home and that all the occupants were outside.

Fire crews went into the house and continued to extinguish the blaze and started the process of looking for hidden fire in the wall and ceiling.

Even though the fire was brought under control quickly, the home appears to have considerable smoke and fire damage. No damage estimates have been released.

(02-26-2015) • Two Hudson Residents Face Federal Drug Charges
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Fort Wayne
(02-26-2015) • Toll Road Crash Injures Two, One Flown Out
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Westbound Toll Road 152.7 MM
(02-26-2015) • Proos Co-Sponsors Legislation To Hire Veterans
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Lansing, MI.
(02-26-2015) • Coldwater Chamber Asking For Nominations For Awards
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Coldwater, MI
(02-26-2015) • Century Bank And Trust Says Scam Has Returned
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Coldwater, MI
(02-26-2015) • Topeka Woman Injured In Buggy Collision
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Eden Township
(02-26-2015) • CA/N Council Event Set For Tonight
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Centreville, MI
(02-26-2015) • NCSD Issues Warnings Of Two Scams
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Albion, IN
(02-25-2015) • Three SCSD Deputies Promoted
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Steuben County Sheriffs Department • Angola, IN
(02-25-2015) • Funding Options For Enterprise Center Being Pursued
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: 900 Block Of South Wayne • Angola, IN
(02-25-2015) • Sturgis Caregivers Classes On Hold Until March
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Sturgis, MI
(02-25-2015) • Miller Announced Money For Sturgis Road Project
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Lansing, MI.
(02-25-2015) • 65th Annual SWCD Meeting Next Wednesday
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Witmer Clubhouse • Angola, IN
(02-25-2015) • SCSD Hires New Patrol Deputy
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Angola, IN
(02-24-2015) • Sunday Booze Bill Dies, Sponsor Says Not Enough Votes
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: State Capital
(02-24-2015) • Relay For Life Kickoff Set For Thursday
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Angola, IN
(02-24-2015) • Meth Suspect Enters Into Plea Agreement
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Steuben County Courthouse • Angola, IN
(02-23-2015) • No Injuries In Three Rivers Apartment Fire
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Three Rivers, MI
(02-23-2015) • New Jail Administrator Hired
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Centreville, MI
(02-23-2015) • No Change In Glen Oaks Board Leadership
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Centreville, MI
(02-23-2015) • House To Consider Zent Backed Bill For Caregivers
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Indianapolis
(02-23-2015) • Howe Motel Room Damaged By Meth Lab Fire
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Travel Inn Motel • Howe, IN
(02-23-2015) • Sturgis Hospital Lifts Visitor Ban
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Sturgis Hospital • Sturgis, MI
(02-23-2015) • Peoples Federal Savings Bank Announces Merger Agreement
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Auburn, IN
(02-23-2015) • Four AHS Choir Members Earn Gold Rating
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Angola, IN
(02-23-2015) • Sex Offender Arrested For Allegedly Not Registering
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Ashley, IN
(02-22-2015) • Clear Lake Home Destroyed In Fire, Woman Saved
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Clear Lake
(02-21-2015) • Corunna Man Enters Plea In Federal Child Sex Case
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Fort Wayne
(02-21-2015) • Three Suffer Minor Injuries In DeKalb Crash
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: CR 64 and CR 81 • Butler, IN
(02-21-2015) • Syracuse Shooting Victim Dies
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Kosciusko County
(02-21-2015) • Fletcher Gets Maximum 50 Years In Renshaw Stabbing
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Steuben County Courthouse • Angola, IN
(02-20-2015) • Friday Morning Fire Destroys Sturgis House
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Sturgis, MI
(02-20-2015) • Kendallville Library selling PCs.
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Kendallville Public Library • Kendallville, IN
(02-20-2015) • Sturgis home a total loss after Friday morning fire
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: 316 S. Maple • Sturgis, MI






pfc

businesses