TODAY IS Thursday August 25th
Hot Grease Starts House Fire
Thursday Apr 03, 2014 10:23am
(STURGIS) – A pan of grease on the stove is said to be the cause of a house fire.
Sturgis Fire Fighters were called to 308 South Fourth Street just after 7 PM where they found the owner of the home with a garden hose spraying the back door of the residence.
The owner reported a kitchen fire in the home and that all the occupants were outside.
Fire crews went into the house and continued to extinguish the blaze and started the process of looking for hidden fire in the wall and ceiling.
Even though the fire was brought under control quickly, the home appears to have considerable smoke and fire damage. No damage estimates have been released.
LOCATION OF NEWS ITEM: Albion, IN